Focus Area Award
In addition to our Core Mission Grants, one grant of $15,000 and three grants of $5,000 each will be awarded to a nonprofit program addressing the specific Focus Area selected by Impact100 Westchester membership in a given year. The 2021 Focus Area was Housing Instability. There are two options to apply for a Focus Area Award:
1. Apply directly for a Focus Area Award or
2. Apply for a Transformational Project Grant. If your Letter of Inquiry does not receive a request for a Full Proposal, apply for a Focus Area Award. You will need to submit a separate Focus Area Award Application.
The Focus Area Award Committee will select 4 finalists and the Impact100 full membership will vote to select the grant recipient. The grant recipient will be announced late April and recognized at the Annual Meeting (see Important Dates below).
Eligibility Criteria – Organization must:
- Be a nonprofit with program(s) addressing the specific Focus Area selected by Impact100 Westchester members; such program(s) must be running for at least 6 months prior to applying for this grant)
- Be a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization
- Be in operation for at least 24 months prior to applying for this grant
- Maintain at least 2 years of CPA audited, or reviewed, financial statements (as required by NYS)
- Have minimum Total Revenue of $250,000
- Nonprofits that submit an LOI for a Transformational Project Grant, but are not invited to submit a Full Proposal, will have the opportunity to apply for a Focus Area Award in the same cycle.
- An organization that receives a Focus Area Award from Impact100 Westchester MAY apply for a Transformational Project Grant the following year.
- An organization that receives a Transformational Project Grant from Impact100 Westchester MAY NOT apply for a Focus Area Award for 36 months after their last grant payment.
- An organization that received a Core Mission (formerly “Operating”) Grant in the past MAY apply for a Focus Area Award.
Impact100 Westchester will not provide Focus Area Awards for:
- Individuals or private foundations
- Activities that are religious, partisan, legislative or political in nature
- Program(s) benefiting a for-profit organization, private foundation or individual
How to Apply:
- Download a reference pdf copy of the Focus Area Award here
- Web-based Grant Application Portal opens February 15, 2022
- Applications must be submitted through the Grant Application Portal by March 8, 2022
- Focus Area Award Review Committee will evaluate applications
- Members vote online, by anonymous ballot, to determine the grant recipient
- Award recipient is announced late April
- Award recipient is recognized at the Annual Meeting June 7, 2022
Focus Area Awards will be paid within two weeks after the recipient has been announced and must be used exclusively for the organization's specific Focus Area selected by Impact100 Westchester members.
Important Dates for Focus Area Awards:
|SlideRoom online application available
||February 15, 2022
|Application & supporting documents due
||March 8, 2022
|Committee meets to review applications & vote for 4 finalists
||April 12, 2022
|Finalists announced & Membership voting opens online
||April 18, 2022
|Membership voting ends
||April 24, 2022
|Award recipient announced
||April 26, 2022
|Annual Meeting: Award recipient recognized
||June 7, 2022