To help nonprofits achieve their goals, we have created a wishlist of requested items and volunteer opportunities. Let's support these amazing organizations and continue to make a difference in Westchester.
Please contact the nonprofit directly if you are interested or need more information.
If you are able to fill a large or unique request, please send us a message so we can remove the item from the list.
|Organization || Donations Requested / Volunteer Opportunities|
We are seeking children’s Kindle Fires for use in the classrooms of our
special needs pe-school in Westchester. These come pre-loaded with
educational apps. They are an incredible resource for our young
learners, many of whom are from families where English is not spoken in
the home. Those interested can contact Megan Lombardo at email@example.com.
• We are seeking to develop a Young Professional’s Board for our agency – a special needs pre-school in Scarsdale. The time commitment would be very manageable – we estimate quarterly meetings/events. It is a wonderful resume builder and networking opportunity for young professionals who can share their talent while helping our community – low income families of children age 3-5 with developmental disabilities. Those interested can contact Megan Lombardo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle||• 2 Air Hockey tables|
• Board members, especially those interested in fund development
|Child Care Council of Westchester|
The Council runs a Holiday Toy Drive each year, in partnership with
Toys for Tots Westchester. The drive will run from November 1st -
December 16th. We request new, unwrapped toys for children 12 years old
For convenience, those who wish to donate may also visit our Amazon list of suggested items at Child Care Council Holiday Toy Drive.
Drop off items at Child Care Council office, 313 Central Park Ave.,Scarsdale from 9am-5pm.
|Family Services of Westchester|
The Sharing Shelf relies on volunteers to accomplish its work. We seek
volunteers to help us sort clothing and pack orders for children in our
warehouse weekdays on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9:30am -
2:30pm. Anyone interested should email email@example.com to set
• The Sharing Shelf also welcomes donations of new winter hats and new winter gloves.
• On an ongoing basis, The Sharing Shelf collects new and gently used clothing for infants, children and teens. We have an acute need for boys' clothing from size 4T through teen/adult small, particularly boys sizes 5, 12, 14, and adult/teen small.
|Hope's Door||• Volunteer(s) for Strategic Planning|
• Pro bono attorneys to assist in providing services at the Hope’s Door Legal Center – especially needed are lawyers for family law, matrimonial actions, and immigration
• Tech savvy IT person to help customize and generate reports for our new EmpowerDB database
• Volunteers to help out at the shelter during daytime, evening and weekend hours
|Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison||•
New or gently used laptop computers. Often, large companies such as law
firms will upgrade their entire stock of laptop computers office-wide
and we are happy to receive the secondhand machines being phased out.|
• Business and business casual attire: men’s and women’s (new or gently used)
|Lexington Center for Recovery||•
Board of Directors Members – Lexington would welcome 2 to 3 additions
to our Board of Directors. For further information, please contact us
directly (Headquarters – Katonah location).|
• 2 carpets/alphabet rugs for our Nursery and Children’s areas (New Rochelle location). Below items for example (see kidscarpet.com) but any similar are welcome:
-- Colorful Letters Alphabet Rug for Kids (12' x 18' Rectangle)
-- Arts and Crafts Children's Rug (12' x 18' Rectangle)
• Volunteers to come in and read, play instruments and sing in the nursery weekly (New Rochelle location).
• BBQ grill with cover for socialization activities (Young Adults) for our Mount Kisco location. New or used in good condition.
|Westchester Medical Center SAAVE Program|
For our Sexual Assault, Abuse and Victims Assistance (SAAVE) Program:
New Unisex Footwear (Slides): sizes S, M, L, XL: Victims of sexual
assault often need to give up their clothes and shoes as part of
evidence collection. WMC provides clothing to victims, but we are in
need of unisex footwear/slides to provide to the victims when shoes are
collected as evidence. Slides please, no flip-flop sandals.
Cellphone chargers: Cellphone chargers are invaluable to the needs of a
victim of domestic violence where he/she/they may not easily or
promptly return home after an assault to collect their belongings.
Copyright 2019. Impact100 Westchester, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. EIN 46-1103703. PO Box 634, Hartsdale, NY 10530-0634