Focus Area Grant – New for the 2019 Grant Cycle
In addition to our Transformational and Core Mission Grants, we will award a special Core Mission Grant of $15,000 in a specific focus area. For 2019, the Focus Area Grant will be awarded to an Arts & Culture nonprofit organization serving Westchester.There are two options to apply for the Arts & Culture Focus Area Grant:
1. Apply directly for a Focus Area Grant or
2. Apply for a Transformational Grant. If your Letter of Inquiry does not receive a request for a Full Proposal, apply for a Focus Area Grant. You will need to submit a separate Focus Area Grant Application.
The Focus Area Grant Committee will determine the grant making process, including eligibility, application, proposal review, financial review, and selection.
The committee will select 5 finalists and the Impact100 full membership will vote to select the grant recipient. The grant recipient will be announced mid-April and recognized at the Annual Meeting on May 21, 2019.
Eligibility Criteria – Organization must:
- Be an Arts & Culture nonprofit with a mission that is predominantly dedicated to serving Westchester residents through Arts & Culture programs and services
- Be a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization
- Be in operation for at least 24 months prior to applying for this grant
- Maintain 2 years of CPA audited, or reviewed, financial statements (as required by NYS)
- Have a minimum Total Revenue of $250,000
- Nonprofits that submit an LOI for a Transformational Project Grant, but are not invited to submit a Full Proposal, will have the opportunity to apply for a Focus Area Grant in the same cycle.
- An Organization that receives a Focus Area Grant from Impact100 Westchester MAY apply for a Transformational Grant the following year.
- An organization that receives a Transformational Grant from Impact100 Westchester MAY NOT apply for a Focus Area Grant for 36 months after their last grant payment.
- An organization that received a Core Mission (formerly “Operating”) Grant in the past MAY apply for a Focus Area Grant.
Impact100 Westchester will not provide Focus Area Grants for:
- Individuals or private foundations
- Organizations that are religious, partisan, legislative or political in nature, such as advocacy work
How To Apply:
- Web-based Grant Application system opens mid-February
- Please see sample grant application here
- Application must be submitted by mid-March deadline
- Focus Area Grant Review Committee will evaluate applications
- Members vote online, by anonymous ballot, to determine the grant recipient
- Grant Recipient is announced mid-April
- Grant Recipient is recognized at the Annual Meeting late May
Focus Area Grants do not require a Grant Agreement, may be used for any legitimate operating purpose consistent with the organization's mission and will be paid in full within two weeks of the Annual Meeting.
online Application Available||February 14, 2019|
|Application Submission Deadline||March 18, 2019 |
|Grant Recipient Announced||April 12, 2019|
|Annual Meeting: Grant Recipient Recognized||May 21, 2019|